The following information may answer some specific questions. As always, our care managers and care navigation team are available to identify resources and information. Email email@example.com or call 303-377-9774.
- Americans with Disabilities Act http://www.ada.gov
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/epilepsy.cfm
- Assisted Living Options for People with Disabilities https://www.assistedliving.org/assisted-living-options-for-people-with-disabilities
- Realm of Caring Foundation http://www.realmofcaringfoundation.org
- Epilepsy Foundation http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/medical-marijuana
- Overall Respite Options: https://www.care.com/c/stories/10269/the-special-needs-respite-care-guide-your-care-options/
- National Respite Locator Service (Nationwide): http://www.respitelocator.org
- Lifespan Respite http://www.lifespanrespitewa.org/find-respite-care/ many different activities/resources to view
- Mental Health Conditions in Children and Teens https://cshcn.org/resources-contacts/mental-health-conditions-in-children-and-teens/
- Organizing Your Child’s Health Records https://cshcn.org/planning-record-keeping/care-organizer-for-parents/
- Care Plan for Children with Special Needs https://cshcn.org/planning-record-keeping/create-your-own-care-plans-for-parents/
- American Epilepsy Society Find A Doctor https://my.aesnet.org/findadoctor
Medicare Resources in Colorado
Colorado residents have access to a variety of agencies and programs to help you understand how to use your benefits, recognize and report Medicare scams or abuse, and appeal denied claims or canceled policies.
Colorado Division of Insurance
The Colorado Division of Insurance regulates insurance policies enforces laws that protect consumers. The State Health Insurance Assistance Program provides you with free, unbiased counseling regarding post-retirement health insurance options. SHIP counselors are volunteers trained to answer questions about Medicare benefits, Medigap and Medicare Advantage Plans, and long-term care insurance. They can also help clarify medical bills and dispute billing errors.
Contact Information: Website | (888) 696-7213
State Unit on Aging
Colorado’s State Unit on Aging oversees programs funded through the Older Americans Act. Through your local unit, you can get in touch with a SHIP counselor to help you sign up for Medicare or go over your benefits and cost-sharing obligations. The unit also provides civil legal services and operates Aging and Disability Resource Centers throughout the state.
Contact Information: Website | (303) 866-5700
Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) & Medicare Fraud
The statewide SMP program assists you in recognizing, preventing, and reporting Medicare fraud, billing mistakes, and abuse. Through this program, counselors provide free, confidential advice regarding issues such as getting billed for services you didn’t receive, getting charged too much for services your doctor ordered or getting calls from someone trying to sell you a Medicare plan.
Contact Information: Website | (800) 503-5190
Colorado Legal Services
Colorado Legal Services provides free civil legal aid for older adults. Through this agency, you can get help applying for Medicare or addressing billing errors or canceled policies. The agency can also help you identify other public benefits you qualify for, including Social Security and Medicaid.
Contact Information: Website | (303) 837-1313
- Medicare | What’s Medicare?
- HHS | Who Is Eligible for Medicare?
- Medicare | Medicare Costs at a Glance
- Medicare | How Do Medicare Advantage Plans Work?
- Medicare | How to Get Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare | 6 Tips for Choosing Medicare Drug Coverage
- Medicare | What’s Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)?
- Medicare | Medigap & Travel