National Epilepsy Awareness Month
November is National Epilepsy Awareness Month (NEAM)! Pick your passion and do it in purple! Be creative, and be yourself in the name of epilepsy awareness. Click here for a calendar of NEAM events. Here are some more ideas on how to promote awareness this month…
- Organize a seizure safety training for your school, church or community group. Contact Marcee Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 377-9774. Download a First Aid for Seizures Flyer to post in your classroom, breakroom, church, etc.
- Join the "What's Your Snapshot" campaign! Take a photo of yourself illustrating what defines you, like our Facebook page and post your picture.
- Get the word out that November is National Epilepsy Awareness Month. Download printable posters to distribute to neighborhood hot spots, schools, community centers, etc. Call us at EFCO if you would like purple bracelets or purple ribbons to hand out at a community event.
- Change your Facebook cover photo during the month of November. Click here for the image.
- Get a purple hair extension from one of three Veda Salons in Colorado Springs. Click here for more info.
- Host a simple grassroots fund raising event, like “Purple Day” in your place of work to raise funds and awareness for epilepsy. Contact Allison Bradac at email@example.com or (303) 377-9774 so we can help you put your thoughts into action.
- Share your stories with us! Please send information and pictures about the ways you choose to impact your community.
- Your donations and gifts support education, advocacy, and research leading to a cure. Consider making a online donation or recurring gift to EFCO.
Toni Brown: "The Artist"
"Honestly, the hardest part of my day is going into a pet store and not walking home with everything there. I almost bought three cats today!" ... Read more >