The following information may answer some specific questions. As always, our care managers and care navigation team are available to identify resources and information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-377-9774.
- Americans with Disabilities Act http://www.ada.gov
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/epilepsy.cfm
- Assisted Living Options for People with Disabilities https://www.assistedliving.org/assisted-living-options-for-people-with-disabilities
- Realm of Caring Foundation http://www.realmofcaringfoundation.org
- Epilepsy Foundation http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/medical-marijuana
- Overall Respite Options: https://www.care.com/c/stories/10269/the-special-needs-respite-care-guide-your-care-options/
- National Respite Locator Service (Nationwide): http://www.respitelocator.org
- Lifespan Respite http://www.lifespanrespitewa.org/find-respite-care/ many different activities/resources to view
- Mental Health Conditions in Children and Teens https://cshcn.org/resources-contacts/mental-health-conditions-in-children-and-teens/
- Organizing Your Child’s Health Records https://cshcn.org/planning-record-keeping/care-organizer-for-parents/
- Care Plan for Children with Special Needs https://cshcn.org/planning-record-keeping/create-your-own-care-plans-for-parents/
- American Epilepsy Society Find A Doctor https://my.aesnet.org/findadoctor
Medicare Resources in Colorado
Colorado residents have access to a variety of agencies and programs that can also help you get the most from your policy by ensuring you understand and know how to use your benefits, recognize and report Medicare scams or abuse, and appeal denied claims or canceled policies.
Colorado Division of Insurance
The Colorado Division of Insurance is the agency that regulates insurance policies throughout the state and enforces laws that protect consumers. The Division administers the State Health Insurance Assistance Program, which provides you with free, unbiased counseling regarding your post-retirement health insurance options. SHIP counselors are volunteers who are trained to answer any questions you have about your Medicare benefits, Medigap and Medicare Advantage Plans, and long-term care insurance. They can also help clarify your medical bills and dispute billing errors.
Contact Information: Website | (888) 696-7213
State Unit on Aging
Colorado’s State Unit on Aging oversees programs that are funded through the Older Americans Act. The unit operates 16 Area Agencies on Aging, each of which serves a designated region of the state. Through your local AAA, you can get in touch with a SHIP counselor who can help you sign up for Medicare or go over your benefits and cost-sharing obligations with you. The unit also provides civil legal services and operates Aging and Disability Resource Centers throughout the state.
Contact Information: Website | (303) 866-5700
Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) & Medicare Fraud
The statewide SMP program assists you in recognizing, preventing, and reporting Medicare fraud, billing mistakes, and abuse. Through this program, counselors provide free, confidential advice regarding issues such as getting billed for services you didn’t receive, getting charged too much for services your doctor ordered or getting calls from someone trying to sell you a Medicare plan.
Contact Information: Website | (800) 503-5190
Colorado Legal Services
Colorado Legal Services is a statewide program that provides free civil legal aid for older adults. Through this agency, you can get help applying for Medicare or addressing billing errors or canceled policies. The agency can also help you identify other public benefits you qualify for, including Social Security and Medicaid.
Contact Information: Website | (303) 837-1313
- Medicare | What’s Medicare?
- HHS | Who Is Eligible for Medicare?
- Medicare | Medicare Costs at a Glance
- Medicare | How Do Medicare Advantage Plans Work?
- Medicare | How to Get Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare | 6 Tips for Choosing Medicare Drug Coverage
- Medicare | What’s Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)?
- Medicare | Medigap & Travel