- This event has passed.
Managing Students with Seizures
February 21 @ 2:00 am - 8:00 amFree
Managing Students with Seizures – “Train the Trainer” for School Nurses
REGISTER NOW – space is limited!
Participants will learn:
- The impact of seizures on learning and behavior
- Current treatment options and their side effects
- Simple strategies for creating a more positive and supportive environment for students with seizures
- Critical issues related to medication administration and delegation
- Key components of a seizure action plan
- Seizure recognition and appropriate first aid for all seizure types
- Overview and practical knowledge pertaining to the following topics: IEPS, P/NES, Rescue Medications, and newly anticipated FDA-approved medications
- The essential elements of a seizure training for school personnel
- Steps you can take now to help maximize educational and developmental opportunities for students with seizures
Continuing Education Credit is available* | Lunch will be provided
To register, please contact Wendy Kogel at 303-377-9774 or email@example.com
*The National Association of School Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
This training is made possible through a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Grant #1NU58DP0006256-03). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the CDC.