Seizure First Aid Training and Certification Sponsored by UCHealth
We are excited to present live, instructor-led Seizure First Aid Training and Certification courses in Colorado and Wyoming in 2022.
This 90-minute virtual class will teach you how to recognize different types of seizures, respond with appropriate first aid, and understand when to call for additional help.
Knowing how to help someone during a seizure can make a difference and save a life.
While everyone should know basic seizure first aid, becoming Seizure First Aid Certified takes you further. You will learn about both epilepsy and seizures including how to recognize signs of a seizure and how to use basic first aid steps and when emergency medical help is necessary.
Seizure First Aid Certification is designed for people who:
- Have a family member, loved one, or friend with seizures.
- Have a job where you provide care for people with seizures.
- Have a job where you work with the public or work with someone who has seizures.
- Coach or lead groups.
Led by a certified seizure first aid instructor, this course is free to attend and will provide a certification valid for two years.
Each session will take place from 6 – 7:30 pm.
Each session will take place from 4 – 5:30 pm.
The 30-minute Seizure First Aid Ready on-demand course is designed for people who:
- Want to learn the basics of seizure first aid
- Have a job where you work with the public or work with someone who has seizures
- Coach or lead groups
- Work, play or live in areas or settings where seizures could occur
This course aims to increase knowledge in applying seizure first aid. Information is presented in an interactive eLearning format with animations, videos, and activities to help learners become seizure first aid ready.
Note: The Seizure First Aid Ready course is shorter than the two-year Seizure Recognition and First Aid Certification course and does not go into the same level of detail.